Written by Lauren Kutsko
Author of Crush the Pink Slip, Brenda Cunningham, had us laughing as she clearly laid out why consistency in our job search is paramount and why LinkedIn should be utilized for at least 15 minutes a day.
The 4 reasons to use LinkedIn for 15 minutes a day:
- It builds your professional network
- LinkedIn is a job board
- It is where recruiters are looking
- We learn from other professionals in our field
We often tweak our job search to death because we fail to be consistent on a definitive strategy and instead we flit from idea to idea never fully showing up. But by simply being consistent on social media you can build trust, prove you are an expert in your industry with the content you share, and participate in your online community.
Here is the minute by minute breakdown:
First 4 minutes: your home page
- Scroll through the home page
- Share what would help demonstrate you are competent
- Like and comment on industry relevant articles
- Post your own content
Second 4 minutes: connecting and inviting new connections
- Always use the custom invitation button to send a personal greeting
- Determine who would be good to connect with:
- Other professionals in your field
- Previous co-workers
- **You never know who your connections know that might help you find your next dream job!
Middle 2 minutes: strengthening existing relationships
Reach out to maintain healthy relationships with others when you don’t need a favor. Just write a note to say hello and that you were thinking of them.
Last 5 minutes: participating in group discussions
- Get yourself into groups of other like-minded professionals that can help develop you and connect you to other opportunities in the field
- Here’s a great one to start with: Career Connectors LinkedIn Group
Set a timer and be consistent whether that is twice a week, once a week, or every day. No one loves a job search, but consistency will encourage a strong and exciting finish!
Melissa Barry, Director of Business Development
Copper Springs helps over 17,000 people a year. Every employee touches the lives of each patient. We see people on their worst day and are committed to treating each patient like family. We are growing with leaps and bounds, so please check out our job listings at our website.
Below are some current openings:
- Business Development Representative
- Assessment Specialist
- Registered Nurse
Michelle Grinberg, Regional Account Director
Modis connects you to many opportunities with its recruiting team of over 450 people across the nation. Some of the benefits offered are Medical, Dental and Vision insurance, a 401K, and a Learning Center.
Current openings include:
- Senior EHS Manager
- Electrical Test Engineer
- Project Coordinator
- Administrative Specialist
- Sr Systems Analyst
Go here to see a complete list of current openings.
John Bernard, Director of Business Development
WozU prepares people to be set apart from the competition! People all over the Valley are looking for software development professionals and after a challenging 3 month program, you will be prepared for success and leading your industry. Check out their website to find out how to get started down a new career path.
Be sure to check the July schedule for the dates of upcoming events. A few dates have been moved to accommodate summer programs at our host locations.