Building a better community-one organization, one career at a time.
To empower career seekers and organizations to succeed by connecting them with deep market insights and high-caliber coaching.
Provide outreach programs offering career connections, hiring companies, education workshops, networking, resources and job leads in targeted networking groups. Offer a web portal of career resources, job leads and social media connections.
OUR CORE VALUES:
- We will provide monthly core networking events at no charge.
- We will maintain exceptional quality.
- We will have a heart of service to jobseekers.
- We will provide practical, relevant and actionable information and connections.
- We will empower individuals to increase confidence within themselves to reach a dream.
- We will uphold biblical principles.
Most people will never forget the major economic downfall in the United States in 2008. Jessica Pierce, founding Executive Director, and her family were going through it as well when her husband, a recruiter, had been laid off 3 times and she also closed the doors on her staffing company in May of 2009. Looking around and seeing highly intelligent and professional friends and family going through similar circumstances, she decided to take action. She asked her local church if she could launch a program to help people write resumes. There were 25 people in attendance at the first event. Within three months, there were 250 people in attendance. That day Jessica realized there was a huge community need for this support. Below are the additional major events that have helped Career Connectors serve thousands of people in the Phoenix area.
- July 2010: Launched Leadership Team to provide direction and program support.
- September 2010: Changed name and created Career Connectors brand. Launched new website.
- January 2011: Partnered with Employment Network to launch North Phoenix location.
- August 2011: Applied for 501(c)3 nonprofit status and elected first Board of Directors.
- July 2012: Added additional Board of Directors, served over 6000 total.
- August 2012: 501(c)3 nonprofit status approved.
- October 2012: Career Connectors represented in The White House at the Forum on Job Clubs.
- September 2013: Career Connectors partners with Highlands Church in Scottsdale for events.
- April 2015: Reached 20,000 total served.
- April 2018: Career Connectors partners with Grand Canyon University to host events for students and professionals.
- December 2019: Reached 40,000 people served in the Phoenix metro area.