Are you new to Career Connectors?
Welcome! We are thrilled you have found the Career Connectors website. If you are in career transition, we look forward to walking through this journey with you. When you attend one of our events, you’ll be equipped with resources and connections. You’ll also enjoy a smile, gain some motivation and feel an overwhelming sense of hope. You can do this! We are excited for what lies in your future!
Career Connectors is a nonprofit 501(c)3 organization dedicated to connecting professionals in career transition to hiring companies and quality resources. We are primarily event driven; connecting people and resources at events. We bring in professional career speakers to deliver content that is relevant and actionable to current professionals. We also bring in three to four hiring companies per event. You will hear them speak and then get one on one face time to talk about their company, culture and open positions. The last hour is dedicated to providing you services and networking time to talk directly to the speakers. Free professional services include resume review/critique, business portraits, social media, LinkedIn coaching and educational opportunities.
We are not a staffing company so we will not be able to job search for you. We will provide you professional resources, information and connections so you can move forward quickly.
What to Expect as a First Time Guest
We are thrilled you have chosen Career Connectors as part of your career transition journey. Our mission is to connect you with all the resources that you need to land into your new position quickly. Attending networking events can often be overwhelming, so below are some tips on what to expect and how to prepare.
- What to Wear: This is a professional networking group so you will feel most comfortable if you wear business casual or better. This is a great opportunity to network with other professionals, including recruiters that are actively hiring. This is your time to make a stellar first impression!
- What to Bring: Bring your resume, a pen and some paper for notes. If you don’t have your resume done, that’s okay! Bring anything you have as we have professional resume writers at every meeting to provide feedback on your resume. Bring your laptop if you’d like. We have LinkedIn coaches ready to help with your profile. If you have a business card, they are useful as well.
- Where to Go: Pull directions, logistics and the address from your registration confirmation. Printing your registration is not necessary. There is ample parking at all sites with signs pointing you towards the correct building. It may take you a few extra minutes to find the correct room location so arrive about 30 minutes early. Arriving early also allows you time for open networking and to introduce yourself to some of the volunteers and speakers.
- Events Overview: The events consist of 3 main components.
- The first hour is dedicated to relevant career transition speakers and community resources. Every meeting has a primary keynote speaker that is motivating, energetic and relevant to your transition.
- The second hour is dedicated to hiring companies. Each event typically has 3-4 hiring companies that will showcase their company, culture and positions.
- The last hour is dedicated to pure networking and job search assistance. You will be able to speak directly with the career experts, community resources and hiring companies. Each event has a plethora of resources including resume review, professional photos, LinkedIn coaching and more.