Written by Mary Peralta
Overcoming the Stress of Change
Johnny Laurent – High tech Leader, Coach, Trainer, Speaker, Consultant
Johnny Laurent spent 30 years working for Corporate America, and loves to learn. He believes we learn most from things around us rather than from books.
Stress-Creating Change is change which raises stress levels…
- Job loss or change
- Relationship issues
- Physical issues
Stress is caused not by what happens to us, but by how we respond to what happens to us.
The Ripple Method is a four step process to methodically handle change in our life. It is a four step process to get from where you are to where you want to be.
Ripple One – Discover Yourself
- Assess yourself
- Involve others
- Just the facts
- Why are others not successful?
- What do you think this office needs?
- Be willing to take the chance.
- Consider me.
Ripple Two – Building Foundations
- Determine the gaps
- Skill development
- Tactical plan of execution
Ripple Three – Learning Together
- Peer group
- Safe learning environments
- Open and candid
Ripple Four – Create Accountability
- Person of trust
- Openness to feedback
- Not a “yes” person
Stress is how you react to situations you are in. Put a plan in place, so you can react to the plan. No matter what you are trying to change, these sets can help you. Don’t rely on yourself. Get help; don’t do it alone. Find out who you are to get to where you want to be. If you don’t have friends to help, invest in a Coach. Tell someone what you want to do. Make a commitment to yourself, and put a plan in place.
Diane Greenlee – Talent Acquisition Consultant & Paul Quinn – IT Recruitment Specialist
Firefly Educate is a global IT training company headquartered in Chandler, Arizona. They utilize expert instructors to provide technical training on next-gen networking, computing and storage technologies.
- Account Manager (must be coachable and have a sales background)
- Business Development Specialist
Steve Morin – Senior Sourcing Consultant
Allstate is in over 16 million homes, is #84 on the Fortune 500 List, and continues to grow.
- Information Technology (4)
- Human Resources (2)
- Product (1)
- Claims (6)
- Sales Management (2)
- Executive Financial Specialist
- Agency Owner
- Licensed Sales Producers
LT Ladino Bryson – CEO/CMO Founder
- They are the Next Generation Recruiting Tools!
- They are a three-pronged recruiting tool supports small to medium staffing firms.
- They expedite the search, screening, hiring, and presentation processes making recruiters more efficient.
Jason Jones – Strategic Partnership Specialist
- Coding bootcamp for software development, cyber security and data science
- Provides a quality technical education to each student that attends their program
- Supports each student in finding a career in the technology field
- Offers lifetime support to each student
The December Career Connectors events are scheduled for Thursday, December 6th in Phoenix – Master Your Mindset to Land Your Next Job, and Thursday, December 13th in Scottsdale – Becoming Unstoppable – register today.
Jessica thanked Central Christian Church in Gilbert, our host facility, and gave a big shout out all our volunteers.