Panel of Experts:
Donna Tucker, Brenda Cunningham,
Jeri Hird Dutcher & Lucie Yeomans
Written by Sheri Kerr
The Résumé mistakes:
- Typing or adding your contact information in the header of the résumé. Instead applicants must put contact information in the body of the résumé. This way the applicant tracking system will be able to identify the job seekers’ contact information.
- Creating your résumé with the task or position responsibilities instead of contributions and accomplishments.
- Seeking people with no skills to help you develop your resume.
- Using PDF documents to submit a résumé to ATS (applicant tracking system).
What TO DO:
- Explain to the recruiter how you did a certain task by providing metrics.
- Answer the question, “What can you do for me?” Adding your value.
- Measure results – help the reader understand what you can do for them – Again SHOW YOUR VALUE.
- Look at the job description – use keywords from it on your resume.
- List measurable accomplishments.
- Format the résumé using MS Word and submit using Word. ATS (applicant tracking systems) can read MS Word and not PDF.
GAPS IN A RESUME – How does a person address this on a resume?
Must address gaps of 6 months or more.
Take a class or volunteer during gap times to add this experience to the résumé and explain what you have done during the gap time.
Eboni Weekes, Associate Director, Talent Acquisition
Concentrix collaborates with the world’s biggest brands to create a smooth customer transaction. Concentrix has 225,000 employees, in 40 countries, 6 continents, 70+ languages, Fortune 500 clients, 50 disruptors and unicore clients, and 12 years average client tenure. The company has multiple positions open! Learn more about the amazing opportunities at Tempe, Arizona using the link: careers.concentrix.com/united-states.
Pearl Interactive Network
Sherica Rhymes, Talent Acquisition Consultant
Pearl Interactive Network is a certified woman-owned small business. Founded in 2004, Pearl Interactive Network has quickly become a respected federal subcontractor for program management and contact center staffing. They give priority to skilled and talented people who comprise a niche workforce. Pearl is hiring Virtual Customer Service Representatives. All the positions are work from home (wfh) and require quite confidential space to accept service calls. High speed internet is required and the ability to hard wire into a desktop or laptop computer. Candidates can check out the open positions at Pearl’s website: www.pinsourcing.com.