We are only successful because of the wonderful volunteers that step up each day in amazing ways. Have you considered the opportunity to do something that fulfills you which may not be part of a career path? Below is a list of some of our volunteer opportunities.
Responsible for set up of audio/video systems for event. Control sound board and/or computer for professional presentation. Apply
- Familiarity with A/V systems and PC or Apple computers
- Availability for set-up, event and breakdown
- Ability to monitor and adjust sound levels, speaker needs and projector status during event
- Ability to troubleshoot equipment issues
Event Re-cap Writers
Responsible for reporting in a conversational style that engages the reader on each of the Career Connector’s events, coordinating with the staff to ensure accuracy and approve final edits. Apply
- Writes in such a way as to capture the readers’ interest and provide useful information and tools to the reader.
- Basic “conversational” writing skills with a professional posture.
- Experience using WordPress for drafting and posting blogs. Some training available to be able to fulfill the role.
- Obtain all information for blog support (which includes contact information and websites for each speaker).
- Previous blogging experience not REQUIRED but highly preferred.
LinkedIn Coaches – Events
Provide support at the events helping to establish LinkedIn accounts and build strong career profiles. Coaches provide training on the use of the latest LinkedIn features and tools, including but not limited to: adding connections, joining groups, searching jobs, setting up job searches, and following companies. Apply
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Knowledge of LinkedIn’s features and tools
- Proficient in computers and internet applications
- Takes time to invest in career transition employees
There may be other opportunities available not included in the list above. If you are interested in contributing your great skills, passion and time, jump in with us now. Complete an application to see how you can begin making a difference with us!